Being history buffs- of sorts- at WOGA, we came across an article today about the most amazing moments of the past 100 years. To come up with the list, researchers polled adults from the UK, France, Germany, and other countries to identify the key historical moments, most incredible human feats, medical marvels and technological breakthroughs. The top ten:
1. The end of World War Two in 1945.
2. The first organ transplant, 1954.
3. The first heart transplant, 1967.
4. The rise of penicillin to treat things like blood poisoning, 1942.
5. The first man on the Moon, 1969.
6. The Berlin Wall begins to fall, 1989. That’s the most recent one in the top ten.
7. The first person in space . . . Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin in 1961.
8. The vaccine for tuberculosis, 1927.
9. The first artificial heart, 1982
10. The first chemotherapy treatment, 1956.
To read more, click here.